About the challenge
YOUR VOICE. YOUR PHOTO.
Take a photo that completes the phrase Democracy is… and share it with the world.
Special exhibition of your photo at the United Nations and at galleries in New York and Los Angeles.
- July 7 – July 28 – Submit Photos
- July 28 – Submission Deadline, 12:00PM GMT
- Aug 19 – Online Voting Commences – International Photography Day
- Sept 15 – Winners Announcement – United Nations Day of Democracy
- You must be 18 or older to enter.
- Submissions must be original photographs (digital or analog) taken by the submitter.
- Contestants may enter anonymously.
*FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF RULES AND REQUIREMENTS VISIT: http://www.democracyphotochallenge.america.gov/rules.html.
The Democracy Photo Challenge is part of the global Democracy is… conversation that leverages social networks and creative challenges to allow people around the world to share, consider, debate, and learn from diverse perspectives on democracy. The Democracy Photo Challenge was inspired by the Democracy Video Challenge, an annual contest launched in 2008 asking the world’s citizens to complete the phrase “Democracy is…” through short online videos. Learn more at www.videochallenge.america.gov.